Thursday, November 13, 2008

Teenage Love Affair Revisited


So I finally got to see the loves of my life...wait for it...New Kids on the Block.

Me and my old high school pal, Jaime McNally (4 Musketeers 4eva!), met up at Madison Square Garden to swoon, lust and see our teenage heartthrobs in the flesh. Yes, I admit, I was hopelessly in love with all the guys but especially Jordan Knight. Years later, I stood in the sea of thousands of thirty-something year old females and found myself lip--syncing every word, to every song. Step by Step, Please Don't Go Girl, Right Stuff, Cover Girl and of course...Hanging Tough.

And for once, I wasn't the only black girl in love with NKOTB's blue-eyed soul. I was surrounded by sistas taken back in the moment. I caught a few eyes and we winked at each other knowingly. For a fleeting moment, I wondered where were all these sistas when I was growing up and teased mercilessly for being an oreo, just because I like the New Kids?

Ehhhh...who cares? Do you and live your life. I'm living mine and enjoying my NKOTB. Here's a peek from my nostalgic night out.


-30-

No comments: